Welcome to the PHW Mini-Grant Program. We are excited to partner with congregations across the state to engage our faith communities and larger communities in living happier, healthier, more abundant lives. We have proudly done this for years through our PHW Collaborative program and PHW Mini-Grant program. The congregations that have participated have done and are doing amazing work. We want to recognize depth and sustainability, and the good work that congregations of all sizes are doing not only to promote health, but to live it out in their communities. Will you join us?
To access the application, please continue reading through the eligibility and directions then scroll to the bottom of this page.
IMPORTANT: Applications submitted after the deadline will be reviewed and processed during the next mini-grant cycle.
Eligibility for mini-grant funds are based on the following requirements:
- Your congregation must have submitted a PHW Collaborative Pledge within the last 12 months prior to applying for a PHW mini-grant.
NOTE: If you are unsure when the last PHW Collaborative Pledge was submitted from your congregation, email our Program Coordinator at PHWinfo@ncchurches.org.
- Your congregation cannot have received a PHW mini-grant in the last 12 months.
- A PHW Collaborative Pledge must be approved before each PHW Mini-Grant is awarded.
- The mini-grant must be used to support your congregation’s health ministry and it’s mission.
- Ten percent (10%) of the money awarded may be given to your health lead to use at their discretion towards a health ministry project or program.
PHW Mini-Grant Budget Guidelines
Below is a list of items that we partially fund or do not fund. Please read through this list before submitting your PHW Mini-Grant budget. We encourage our congregations to seek local and low/no-cost resources to fulfill their health ministry needs. We understand that is not always an option. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to your Regional Coordinator or our Program Coordinator, Michelle Peedin at PHWinfo@ncchurches.org.
PHW is addressing COVID-19 relief requests on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to your Regional Coordinator or our Program Coordinator, Michelle Peedin at PHWinfo@ncchurches.org. To view more resources see the NC Council of Churches COVID-19 Resources and tab over to Community Involvement > scroll down to Relief Funds.
- Pamphlets: Needs-based – Many organizations offer low or no cost pamphlets
- Books: Needs-based – Please reach out to PHW about specific books
- DVDs: Needs-based – Please reach out to PHW about specific DVDs
- Door prizes & incentives i.e. T-shirts, awards: up to 33% of the total budget – If direct connection to health ministry is clear
- Copies: Needs-based – If direct connection to health ministry is clear
- Copier ink: up to 33% of the total budget
- Presenters: Needs-based – preference towards PHW staff, local specialists, or low-cost presenters
- Technology: Needs-based – If direct connection to health ministry is made clear
- Office Furniture: We do not fund
- Rent: We do not fund
- Utilities: We do not fund
- Salary: We do not fund
Helpful Tips and Information
You are able to request up to $1000. Please give mindful consideration to the amount that you request. Allocated funds will be shared across our state and are limited. Some grants may be partially funded depending on need, response, and availability.
For a list of sample projects that we do and do not fund click here and browse “Questions About Mini-Grant Purpose & Who Can Apply”. As we review the mini-grant applications, priority will be given to projects and/or programs that are conscious of its impacts on the environment ie. uses less paper, less plastic water bottles, less plastic plates and forks, etc.
If you have any questions about the criteria or are unsure if your congregation is part of the PHW Collaborative and you would like additional information, please call or email your regional coordinator or the PHW Program Coordinator, Michelle Peedin, at 919-828-6501 and PHWinfo@ncchurches.org.
We look forward to learning about all the wonderful work you are doing to improve health and wholeness throughout North Carolina, and how we can further assist you on your mission.
Changes to PHW Applications
Attention: In order to make the submission process more efficient, we have updated our PHW Forms. You will no longer be able to save and come back to the Mini-Grant application. We recommend you print the application to prepare your responses BEFORE entering them on to the application. We also highly recommend you save your answers on a separate document as you fill out the application so that you do not lose your responses if the application closes for any reason. If you would like assistance saving your answers or printing the form, please feel free to contact your regional coordinator or our Program Coordinator, Michelle Peedin, at PHWinfo@ncchurches.org. Thank you so much for your cooperation!