This document was primarily created by members of Temple Emanuel Greensboro and based on their successful solar panel project, completed in 2011. Contributions are also from members of Myers Park Baptist, Charlotte and the Pastor of 1st Congregational United Church of Christ, Asheville.
Please note that this document is to serve as a guide, rather than a literal step-by-step process. How individual congregations pursue this process must reflect their own particular decision making procedures and policies.
Please download the PDF to get full details about these 8 key steps:
1. Gather initial group of interested congregants and clergy.
2. Determine the solar suitability of a building.
3. Gain Approval for Project
4. Divide into sub-committees (each with its own chair)
5. Announce to Congregation and Build Enthusiasm
6. Development Campaign
7. Solar Panels Installation