Clergy face a challenge today in leading, engaging and motivating their faith communities to face the current situation with courage and hope. We can help. We offer a yearly national campaign, a unique interfaith model, and liturgical resources.
Worship Resources & Links
We welcome contributions to this library of resources. Please send sermons, prayers, songs or other worship resources that you discover to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can enrich our offerings to the wider community.
Preaching & Presentations
Invite our Program Coordinator to preach on climate justice as an issue of faith! You can also invite them to offer a presentation outlining climate change as an issue of justice during your congregational or community gathering. Email email@example.com to schedule or fil out the form here.
- Earth Care Hymns can be sung in any service.
- A Commissioning Prayer can be used to close the service and send people forth.
- Honoring the Four Directions can be used as an invocation.
- Prayers on the Environment from several faith traditions.
- To Our Common Cause can be used as an invocation.
- Words of Welcome used by the Asheville Earth Sabbath Celebration leaders.
- Community Building Exercises (to come)
Carbon Fast Resources for Lent
Interfaith Power & Light offers ecumenical Lenten prayers, guides and actions as well as ones tailored for specific traditions.
Library of Liturgies and Past Programs
- Videos of Sermons from different faith traditions during PreachIn 2014
- Celebration of Earth and our Home
- Cosmic Walk (with separate Event Cards) is a wonderful way to experience the context of humans in the universe. A resource kit is available for loan from Nancy Hardy.
- The Earth’s New Year’s Resolutions, Hopes & Dreams for 2013
- Let’s Declare our Interdependence
- Migrating Birds Know no Borders with Non-Trivial Pursuit Cards
- Show Love for Earth this Mother’s Day
- Summer Solstice service and pictures of the Community Building activity
- Touching the Earth
- The Transition Game
- The Universe is a Green Dragon
- We Don’t Live on the Moon
- Wounded Earth is based upon The Work that Reconnects. Pictures of the set up for the Cairn of Mourning may be helpful.
- Many of the Earth Sabbath Celebrations have been based on the four classic elements. Here are some examples: