The Legislative Program Committee coordinates the Council’s work for just and compassionate public policy in North Carolina. Through the Raleigh Report newsletter and Legislative Seminar events, we equip people of faith across the state to be citizen advocates, grass-roots lobbyists. The Committee also develops the Council’s legislative policy statements, by which the Council takes positions on legislative issues.
In addition to our current program areas, we’re also working on:
- Protecting children & families
- Promoting new models for criminal justice
- Abolishing the death penalty
- Raising awareness for people with disabilities
- Ending domestic violence
- Establishing economic justice
- Promoting clean elections
- Supporting good government
- Reducing gun violence
- Increasing affordable housing
- Supporting racial justice
- Opposing discrimination against gays and lesbians
- Promoting progressive tax policies
- Supporting gender equality
Not sure how to get started? We’ve put together this Grassroots Advocacy Toolkit to help you understand a little more about what advocacy is, how the legislative process works, and how to affect change.
Click here to sign up to receive the Raleigh Report via email.