The mission of Wilkes Senior Resources is to provide services, education and information that promote quality of life and active aging for seniors
They are committed to providing older adults access to continued education, activity, and the tools that will allow for these to be some of the best years of their lives. They have a vision for a “Senior Center without walls”, which means that they are actively taking the heart of the senior center out into the community.
Membership to Wilkes Senior Resources is free and open to seniors 55 and better. Occasionally a fee may be charged to participate in a specific group or event. Most groups, classes, etc. are free.
- Group Exercise
- Fitness Room
- Tai Chi
- Card and Table Games – Bridge, Rook and Dominoes, Chess
- Art Classes
- Craft Class
- Crochet Group
- Quilting Groups
- Pot Luck Breakfast – First Friday of the Month at 9:00am
- Wood carving
- Chrismon Group
Services for ages 60+ include:
- They offer door to door transportation services to doctors offices, medical clinics, pharmacies, and hospitals. They provide transportation for grocery shopping, personal shopping, bank, personal business, group meetings, and recreation.
- Appointments are on a first come first serve basis.
- In-Home Aide, Level 1 & 2
- Level 1 Housekeeping – Housekeepers perform weekly household tasks up to 2 hours weekly.
- Level 2 CNA – Personal Care is provided as well as companionship and some household chores for 1 – 2 visits per week.