The Chatham County Council on Aging is the primary portal for services and supports for older adults and their families in Chatham County, NC.
Programs and Services:
- Home-based services, including in-home aide personal care, Meals-on-Wheels or home-delivered meals, minor home repair and the loaning of mobility and assistive equipment, which enable older adults to remain living in their own homes and avoid premature and costly care in a facility.
- Health, wellness, nutrition, recreational, educational and social programs and activities at their two senior centers (Pittsboro and Siler City), which are State-certified Centers of Excellence.
- Quality information and referral assistance, as well as options counseling to support older adults and caregivers in maintaining a high quality of life in the community and understanding what resources are available to help with this.
- Support for family caregivers of older adults striving to remain living at home through respite, support groups, training and other means.
- Collaboration with other health and human services agencies, educational institutions, volunteers and professionals to extend health care access to under-served older adults throughout the County, including the provision of medical transportation.
- Raising awareness about the aging of Chatham ‘s growing population and encourage efforts to assure that Chatham remains an age-friendly community where there are opportunities for social and civic engagement, continuous learning, fitness, and an appreciation for the life accomplishments of older adults and their continuing contributions to the community.
- Advocating for older adults and their caregivers on a wide range of matters.