Our week-long 2022 Critical Issues Seminar: The Ties that Bind Our Democracy was a huge success! The entire week of presentations has been profoundly impactful as we do our shared work to educate, inspire, and mobilize people of faith and conscience to commit to building a more just and equitable future for all.
During our Critical Issues Seminar, we heard from the Carter Center on the work of maintaining confidence in the integrity of our elections; Southern Coalition for Social justice on why redistricting matters; from North Carolina Voters for Clean Elections on how our courts impact our daily lives; we learned from North Carolina Black Alliance about the challenges of voter suppression; and from Blueprint North Carolina on grassroots activism as a pro-democracy tool and how to organize effective coalitions in defense of voting rights.
Each session has been recorded and uploaded to our Youtube Channel so that you can continue to review the material with your congregations, families, colleagues, and communities. Below you can access each recording:
- Democracy Under Stress with Jennifer Roberts, former mayor of Charlotte & Director of the Carter Center, and Bob Orr, former justice of N.C. Supreme Court & former candidate for governor
- Why Redistricting Matters with Hilary Harris Klein, Senior Counsel of Southern Coalition for Social Justice
- Courts at the Crossroadswith Melissa Price Kromm, Director of NC Voters for Clean Elections
- Challenges of Voter Suppression with the Rev. Marcus Fairley, Voter Involvement & Constituent Engagement Program Associate, NC Black Alliance, and Marcus Bass, Deputy Director of NC Black Alliance
- Democracy in Action withSerena Sebring, Executive Director of Blueprint NC