Update: This position has now been filled.
The Council is hiring an office manager to work in our Raleigh office. The full job description is below and at this link. This position is open immediately and will be filled as soon as possible.
32 hours per week; $15.00 an hour to start; 3 weeks paid vacation; paid sick leave
3-month probation period
Retirement benefits available when probation period concludes
With more than eight decades of progressive activism, the North Carolina Council of Churches remains the leading faith voice for justice advocacy in North Carolina. We are particularly concerned about issues related to care of creation, healthcare, immigration, farmworkers, voting rights, food security, peace, and making all congregations healthier places. The Council embraces ethnic, racial, gender, and sexual diversity.
The NC Council of Churches seeks an Office Manager to provide organization and oversight for the daily functions of the Council as well as event planning for our periodic statewide gatherings. Duties will include:
- Process financial reports, including check requests, credit card reports, deposit reports, and contribution acknowledgements;
- Prepare semi-annual appeal letters;
- Compilation of weekly e-news (emailed newsletter);
- Compilation of monthly newsletter (snail mail);
- Answer the phone and disseminating information;
- Oversee office supplies and Council materials;
- Event planning for Critical Issues Seminar (even years) and Legislative Seminar (odd years), as well as planning assistance for specific program areas of the Council; and
- Some original writing for blogs and resources.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to ecumenical work and justice ministries, a collaborative and can-do attitude, and a desire to work in a fast paced work environment; also excellent organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail, event planning experience a plus; must be able to multitask, learn quickly, organize work, set priorities, and work independently; must have strong customer service orientation, demonstrated database skills (iContact and Salesforce preferred), proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.); and be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and professional references as a single PDF file that has your name in its title, and “Office Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open immediately and will be filled as soon as possible.
The Council is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Council does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability.