This week has been full of weather disruptions. From school cancellations, missed Ash Wednesday services, to business closings, this has been a week of changed plans. So, here are a few ideas to help you get through any upcoming snow days and the continuing winter weather.
- Healthy snack alternatives
- You may crave hot chocolate when you come in from the cold weather, or just want something warm to drink. I constantly want to drink something warm in the winter, so I have started drinking hot water with lemon or orange squeezed in it. It is cozy, warm, and healthy! There are also many good herbal teas that avoid the sugar, caffeine, and calories of hot chocolate or coffee drinks.
- Experiencing Cabin Fever?
- Get some physical activity! Even if you can’t go on your regular jog around the neighborhood or get out to the gym, remember chores that have to be done are an important source of physical activity—cleaning the house, shoveling snow, or even taking a walk outside–all of these are forms of physical activity!
- If you need some inspiration for what to do with those energetic kids, try some of these.
We have more every day health ideas and resources on our Pinterest page. Check us out while you have extra browsing time, and stay safe in the weather!