Partners in Health and Wholeness cannot do its work without your involvement. We are dedicated to equipping individuals and churches with the proper resources to be successful at implementing healthier habits. We are powerful because you are with us. If there is anything on this list that you are willing to do, would you let us know? We thank you in advance for joining our team, our community, and this global passion to make health a right, and not a privilege.
Would you consider:
- Joining the prayer team that will seek guidance, direction, and who will commit to praying for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding for the faith and health movement.
- Mapping the assets of the following counties: Montgomery, Anson, Scotland, Richmond, Robeson, Cumberland, Bladen, and Columbus. I am interested in compiling information regarding what organizations are doing around physical activity, tobacco prevention/cessation and healthy eating within these counties and their scope of outreach.
- Collecting information on where local produce is grown — e.g., church, school and home gardens, in relation to the same eight counties or just your county.
- Identifying key stakeholders who would purchase produce from church gardens within the same eight counties mentioned earlier.
- Identifying list-servs around the state of NC that include information regarding health, faith and food.
- Collecting information on upcoming conferences, announcements and resources regarding food, faith, and health.
- Helping to bridge the communication gap between media outlets, e.g. newspapers, radio stations, etc. to bring attention to the community events churches do all the time
Thank you for considering these activities that can help connect the resources in our state. If you have any other skill you are willing to offer to help support healthy eating and active living among people of faith in NC, please let me know. You can reach me at email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing your comments below.