Our friends at the NC Division of Public Health would like to help current tobacco users quit by offering NC residents, 18 years of age or older, free nicotine replacement therapy (i.e., patches, gum or lozenges) while supplies last.
In addition to being a NC resident and at least 18 years of age, you must also commit to a quit date in order to qualify and get prior approval from your physician if you have experienced the following:
- Heart attack within the last 2 weeks.
- Stroke or TIA (temporary stroke) within the last 2 weeks.
- Currently pregnant
- Diagnosed within last 6 months with very rapid or irregular heartbeat that required a change in activities or medication.
- Diagnosed within last 6 months with serious or worsening angina.
- Previous adverse reaction to using a patch medication or adhesive tape.
If you are ready to end your dependence on tobacco in 2012, please call QuitlineNC at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) between the hours of 6 a.m. to 3 a.m. daily. The service is available in both English and Spanish.
– Willona Stallings, Program Coordinator, Partners in Health and Wholeness